For Free History of the Town of Hampton, New Hampshire, Vol. 1: From Its Settlement in 1638, to the Autumn of 1892 (Classic Reprint) PDF

Descriptions History of the Town of Hampton, New Hampshire, Vol. 1: From Its Settlement in 1638, to the Autumn of 1892 (Classic Reprint) Free Ebook



Download History of the Town of Hampton, New Hampshire, Vol. 1: From Its Settlement in 1638, to the Autumn of 1892 (Classic Reprint)

Excerpt from History of the Town of Hampton, New Hampshire, Vol. 1: From Its Settlement in 1638, to the Autumn of 1892

In the early stages of my study, I had an efficient co-laborer in my friend and cousin, Josiah Page, of Hampton, who devoted himself assiduously to the task of gathering information, which, by his notes, and from the treasures of his wonderfully retentive memory, he placed in my hands. A born genealogist, Mr. Page brought to this depart ment of the work his greatest zeal, while he collected also many facts' of historical importance. I have to regret that he died without seeing the work completed.

The names of John Wingate Thornton, Amos Tuck, Edmund B. Dearborn and others, who have passed away, recall much valuable help rendered by these men. To all who have given access to papers, searched records or otherwise aided me in my researches, I would render grateful acknowledgements.

Free reference is made, in these pages, to the works of Belknap, Winth . CLICK HERE TO START DOWNLOAD